In default XNA Game Studio technology supports only X360 controller. It’s definitely a great gamepad, but what if somebody doesn’t have it and a game (e.g. Stonerid) doesn’t support other gamepads?
Normally I prefer keyboard than gamepad, but many people like to use them in platform games. In this short tutorial I will show you how to use other controllers (I used Logitech RumblePad 2) in Stonerid.
1. First visit this link: this link and download “x360ce vibmod 22.214.171.124.zip” file.
2. Unzip downloaded file.
3. Open “Device Manager” in your Windows. How to get into Windows device manager? – Visit this tutorial.
4. Make sure that your gamepad is connected to a PC. Find it on the list and open its properties.
5. Go to “Details” tab and select “Hardware Ids”.
6. Find your Vid and Pid numbers. My Vid: 046d, Pid: c218.
7. Edit “x360ce.ini” file, which you downloaded earlier and type there your Vid and Pid.
8. Run “XInputTest.exe” to see if every button works correctly. If you are not happy with default settings you can edit “x360ce.ini” to make some updates.
9. Go to the folder where you installed Steam. Then go to steamapps -> common -> Stonerid and paste there “xinput1_3.dll” and “x360ce.ini” files.
10. Your gamepad is ready to use, run the game.
I tested it on Win XP and Win 7,and I didn’t encounter any problems. And one more thing, don’t unplug the controller during the game because it can completely freeze it. If you have any questions regarding this post, don’t hesitate to contact us, I’ll try to help.Read More